As a teenager, I sold $20K worth of kitchen knives to strangers door-to-door. As an adult, I started and grew a tech company to a $2M valuation with a #1 ranked iPhone app of the USA that was acquired by Babbel. At Salesforce, I attained over 200% of my quota each year as the #1 ranked sales rep. In my most recent role, I led strategy, product development and launch of six apps in six months for Havoc TV's network of 55M homes.
► I've been recognized in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Forbes, New York Times, TechCrunch, Washington Post, Japan Times, CBS, Entrepreneur Magazine and World News.
Global Account Executive
May 2017 - present | Los Angeles
We are democratizing global trade and will eventually provide a seamless web of global commerce.
April 2016 - April 2017 | Los Angeles
► Led strategy, development and launch of six apps in six months for a TV network of 55M homes
• Apps included iPhone, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV & responsive website with Chromecast
• Expanded market reach, increased AVOD CPMs and created new SVOD revenue stream.
• Integrated Google DFP AVOD on videos and Stripe SVOD on movies and live stream in all apps
• Re-engineered entire technology stack for cross-platform video distribution with reduced costs
► Attained >200% of quota and ranked the #1 sales representative of 3 - 15 person ramped team from 2013 - 2015
• #1 ranked rep of the 15 person ramped team Q1 & Q2 of 2015 (210% annualized quota)
• #1 ranked rep of the 15 person ramped team of 2014 (287% quota)
• Voted the MVP of 2014 by the 15 person ramped team
• #1 ranked rep of the three person ramped team of 2013 (202% quota)
• Attained 210% of annualized quota in 2015, 287% of quota in 2014 and 202% of quota in 2013
• Developed, sold and supported products with cross-functional teams including runtime, routing, API, languages, data services, security, operations, partners, enterprise, marketing and support
• Continually improved sales process through multivariate testing of my gamification techniques that increased my customers' probability of implementing my technical optimization suggestions by 130%.
• Clients included the President's barackobama.com, Facebook's internet.org, BitTorrent's P2P network, Pebble's smartwatch, Snoop Dogg's merryjane.com and Citrix's GoToMeeting
• Sourced and acquired most new customer accounts over last 9 quarters (173% team average)
• Generated most recurring revenue from new accounts over last 8 quarters (155% team average)
• Generated most recurring revenue from held accounts over last 7 quarters (147% team average)
• Generated most long-term contract revenue over last 7 quarters (573% team average - not a typo)
• Recognized as top 1% volunteer of the 10K person Salesforce Bay Area employee base of 2015
February 2013 - January 2014
Fast Company Magazine ranked Babbel as the most innovative education company of the world in 2016.
► Babbel acquired PlaySay in 2013 and retained me as their international expansion advisor
Babbel has over 1M paying subscribers.
Founder & CEO
PlaySay (acquired by Babbel)
April 2008 - March 2013 (5 years) | Tokyo, Philadelphia, San Francisco
★ "Making learning a language fun" - The Wall Street Journal
★ "An educational/business force to be reckoned with" - TechCrunch
★ "Enabling a conversational language learning experience" - The New York Times
★ "New & Noteworthy" - The Apple App Store
• Raised $800K in VC from the most active VC in the Education space of the USA
• Closed enterprise deals with McGraw-Hill, HarperCollins and 30 universities
• Oversaw key vertical analysis and P&L to ultimately increase repeat purchases by 200% YoY
• Captured 18% of target market in Japan via SEO, page optimization and SEM (with 60% ROI)
• Directed marketing, advertising, promotion and PR to acquire 100K users
• Launched as TechCrunch Disrupt Finalists with 3K attendees and 250K online viewers (video above)
• Led strategy, product development and launch of a #1 ranked iPhone app in USA & 10 countries
• Hired and managed five happy full-time employees with autonomy, mastery and purpose
• Ascertained market, defined product value propositions, validated product market fit hypotheses
• Leveraged customer development, market research, usability studies, and competitive and industry analysis to identify market opportunity, determine business case, define product vision, design UI/UX, plan go-to-market strategy and lead agile development through the critical path
• Interpreted complex data sets to monitor, report and optimize key performance indicators
• Drove adoption of products through differentiation, naming, branding, positioning, outbound messaging, marketing, promotion, advertising, and PR
• Recognized in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Forbes, New York Times, TechCrunch, Washington Post, Japan Times, CBS, Entrepreneur Magazine and World News
International Marketing Manager
Intellectual Marketing & Planning, Inc.
June 2007 - June 2008 (1 year 1 month) | Tokyo
► Generated $100K of new international marketing revenue from Fortune 500 clients
• Co-managed 12-member cross-functional team and 7K field staff in product development, multichannel marketing, advertising, PR and brand management for $1M business unit
• Spearheaded localization, positioning and brand management for the Japan Tofu Association
• Analyzed market, cultivated innovation, optimized product mix and pricing, and designed promotional strategies for Fortune 500 and major multinational clientele such as Time Warner Japan, Bourjois Japan, Krispy Kreme Japan, Johnson & Johnson Japan and BT Japan
Assistant Manager, Marketing Research
QuickTest / Heakin
June 2002 – November 2002 | Pittsburgh
• Managed daily operations of national firm specializing in mall intercept survey, observational, ethnographic, experimental, and online primary marketing research
• Managed 30 employees including payroll oversight and training on consumer survey techniques and call center phone bank procedures.
• Increased interviewee research base by more than 20% over previous period
• Conducted research study pre-qualification protocols with the extensive prospect of interviewing including coordination of data for marketing research interpretation
Sales Representative, Sales
June 2000 – June 2002 | Lancaster
► Sold $20K of kitchen knives to strangers within my first year (age 16)
• Marketed cutlery products to households and the business sector for national firm with annual sales exceeding $180 million.
• Distinguished by the CEO as a member of the "President's Club" for leading monthly sales exceeding $3000 with extensive involvement in the operation of the field office.